HGH Injection Protocol and Instructions
Self Administration of Growth Hormone Injections - HGH Use, How to Measure Dose, How to Mix and Inject HGH
Getting the HGH Shot - How to Inject HGH Properly
Prior to your taking your first hormone shot, spend time reviewing your treatment protocol and detailed instructions for self-administration of your GH medication. If you have been prescribed other hormone drugs like Testosterone, Sermorelin or HCG, then carefully follow the dosing information provided by your doctor. It is very common to have multiple medicines you need to inject and the timing and dosage are extremely important to the success of your hormone optimization program. Below we specifically discuss how to properly inject somatropin or HGH, which is a Sub-Q or subcutaneous injection.
How To Properly Inject Human Growth Hormone, HCG, Sermorelin, IGF-1 and Testosterone Injections
Preparing for Self-Administration Hormone Injections with HGH Powder Vial and Syringe Kit:
Only use prescription growth hormone according to your doctor's instructions. Use only the dosage as prescribed by your treating physician. HGH is a powerful drug and using too much or in the wrong way can result in unwanted side effects. You should purchase high-quality, approved injectable HGH which is designated as rDNA somatropin for injection to ensure the safe and effective administration of your drugs. If you are unsure of your proper dosage, or of the correct way of taking GH subcutaneous injections, don't hesitate to contact our medical office where trained hormone specialists can assist you. Learn more about the different HGH Injections available for HRT.
Other Hormone Shot Protocols
The bio-availability of a prescription drug like HGH is affected by its route of administration. Always follow the protocol provided by your doctor for your specific hormone replacement program. Many patients will be taking a number of hormone drugs and the dose and scheduling should be strictly followed. Always inform your doctor before taking any additional supplements including HGH pills, testosterone boosters, herbal anti-aging supplements or prescription medications. These could affect the bio-availability or treatment of your HRT program.
HCG injections are normally administered via subcutaneous injections and less often intramuscularly - Purchase HCG Injections;
IGF-1 can be administered via subcutaneous injections or intramuscular Purchase IGF-1 HGH Injections;
Sermorelin Acetate is most effectively administered by subcutaneous injection Purchase Sermorelin Injections;
Testosterone injections are an IM or intramuscular shot though some may also inject some forms Sub-Q Purchase Testosterone Injections.
Follow the correct injecting protocol for optimal treatment results. Below are typical dosages and step by step injection instructions with diagrams.
Typical HGH Dosages
Know your correct HGH Dosage. If somatropin HGH is prescribed to you by your doctor, strictly follow the dosage instructions. using too much could have unwanted side effects. If you are self-administering your shots, the typical dosages will depend on your body weight and the target hormone blood level range you wish to achieve.
2 IU of somatropin per day is commonly used for bio-identical hormone replacement and anti aging purposes. You can inject it subcutaneously any time of the day or a full or empty stomach - it does not matter. Many patients to take it in the morning or at night before sleep because the body releases its own natural growth hormone during sleep. Injecting before bedtime may diminish the body's own natural secretion but your doctor's prescribed dose is designed be sufficient to provide optimal levels for your body.
4 IU of GH or more per day are used by bodybuilders and athletes looking to build up muscle mass quickly and burn off body fat. Some athletes take 6IU or more per day, however the higher the doses can cause adverse side effects especially bloating from water retention, joint and muscle pain, and Carpal tunnel syndrome. Some athletes like to take the entire daily dose by multiple smaller dose shots throughout the day injecting 2 IU in the early morning, 2 IU in the afternoon and 2 IU before bedtime. Read more about uses, risks, and side effects of human growth hormone. Side Effects of HGH use.
Sports medicine doctors treating severe sport injuries may inject 8 to 20 IU of HGH per day to speed up healing and recovery of joint and deep tissue injuries in athletes. Some Integrative and regenerative medicine physicians also prescribe large doses of HGH for treatment with stem cell injections which may also be used for treating joint and sports injuries. While using larger than normal doses of GH are not always considered abusive, using extremely high doses of growth hormone for weight loss purposes or enhancing athletic performance may constitute abuse. Long-term effects of HGH and testosterone abuse can damage a person's health. Read more about Abusing HGH Proper HGH Dosing
Injecting HGH - How to prepare and inject Somatropin
The Steps for Preparing & Taking your HGH Shots
- Disinfect Hands Before Injecting. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water.
- solid Surface and Good Lightening. Select a well-lit, clean hard surface preferably with a mirror (e.g. Bathroom countertop).
- Prepare your GH injection kit. Ensure you have all necessary injection supplies and that all packaging and wrappings are intact, and there are no signs of tampering. Always double check the expiration dates on all hormone medications.
Drawing HGH solution into syringe:
- Use alcohol wipes to clean the tops of the hormone medication vials - move in one direction and use one wipe per vial.
- Remove syringe with needle from packaging and fill syringe with an equal amount of air as the intended dose by pulling plunger back to the desired mark (i.e. If you are drawing up 2 ml's of solution you would pull plunger to the "2" on the syringe).
- Insert the needle straight through the rubber stopper into the vial. If you touch the stopper with your finger clean it with a fresh alcohol wipe prior to withdrawing medication.
- Turn the Human Growth Hormone medication vial upside down keeping the needle tip inside the HGH liquid.
- Inject the air into the medication vial. This helps to maintain a balance of internal/external pressure when using glass vials;this also makes future medication withdrawal easier.
- Hold the vial and syringe in one hand and slowly draw up that amount of liquid into syringe. Diagram 1 shows technique on holding vial.
- While holding the vial upside down and maintaining drawing needle inside the vial, gently tap the side of the syringe until air bubbles rise to the top of the barrel of the syringe. Gently push the plunger to eject ONLY THE AIR BUBBLES through the needle.
- Remove needle and syringe from vial.
- Recap needle by placing the plastic needle cap on countertop and safely guiding the needle into the cap. This reduces the possibility of accidentally sticking yourself.
- For Testosterone and/or IM injections remove the drawing needle and discard it in an OSHA approved Sharps container. Federal Regulations require needles and sharps objects to be disposed of in a proper bio-medical waste container. If you are missing or need sharps containers please call us immediately. Make sure to always properly dispose of all used needles.
Injecting of HGH or Testosterone Solution:
Keep syringes and materials clean and do not let anything touch the tip of syringe or needle. If you accidentally touch the tip or accidentally contaminate it in any way you must discard and start all over. This eliminates the possibility of infection.
- For Testosterone or Intramuscular (IM) injections - Remove fresh administration needle from packaging and inspect for any defects. Do not remove plastic cap until ready for injection.
- Firmly twist administration needle on to syringe and maintain in front of you on countertop until you are ready for administration.
- For SUBQ (Subcutaneous) injections (injecting HGH), the small insulin syringe is preloaded with needle which cannot be removed and will be used for administration.
- Use an alcohol wipe to clean skin at the injection site;let it air dry. Throw away the wipe. NOTE: Do not use any areas in which you feel lumps, bumps, firm knots or pain. Do not use any area in which the skin is discolored, depressed, scabbed, or is broken open. If you are in doubt call your representative.
- Remove the needle cap from the needle and gently pinch the skin together around the site (to lift it up a bit) See Diagram 2 . The best areas for injection are away from joints, nerves, bones, and other important body. Refer to last page for injection site diagram. The preferred areas for Intramuscular (IM) injections, such as Testosterone, are the gluteus maximus (buttocks) and the quadriceps muscles. The preferred area for Subcutaneous (SUBQ) injections, such as Growth Hormone and HCG is around the navel, stomach area.
- With a swift motion stick the needle into the skin at a 90? angle for intramuscular (IM) injections (Testosterone) and at a 45? angle for subcutaneous (SUBQ) injections (HGH).
- (IM) While needle is in the muscle pull back on the plunger slightly and look for blood inside syringe. *Rarely will there be blood but if you experience this - it just means you are near or hit a blood vessel and will need to withdraw the needle and find a suitable area to inject. Immediately pull needle and syringe out and gently massage area with gauze or clean tissue.
- Inject the Testosterone or HGH medication by using a slow steady push on the plunger until the syringe is completely empty. Hold a cotton swab or gauze near the injection site.
- Swiftly and safely remove the needle from the skin, wipe with an alcohol swab and gently massage the injection site with a cotton ball or gauze.
- Immediately discard the syringe and the needle in an OSHA sharps container.
- Maintain all supplies and medication in a safe place and away from the reach of children and others. Ensure proper storage of medical supplies and refrigerated medicines.
- Once you have filled the OSHA approved sharps container to the "recommended fill line" you can call your local waste management and follow local guidelines for proper disposal.
Information listed in this document is provided for informational purposes and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing or treatment of a health problem or disease, or prescribing any medication. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, promptly contact your health care provider or your hormone treatment specialist. Contact your treating medical professional or Endocrine Specialist.
Step by Step Injection Process for Intramuscular Shots
Possible Drug Injection Sites
The Right Place to Inject Subcutaneous and Intramuscular Shots
Best Places to Insert Injections into Skin, Tissue and Muscle
This web page discusses how to inject the various types of hormones prescribed by a medical doctor for use in a hormone optimization program. It is for informational and educational purposes only. It not intended to be relied upon for medical advice or as a replacement for your own doctor's medical guidance or medical advice. Always check with your own treating physician before following any injection protocol.
We will contact you as soon as possible.